CLUB NEWS: A&T stage successful presentation night
Astley & Tyldesley Cycling Club staged their 26th annual Presentation and Social event at Gin Pit on Sunday afternoon.
Around 70 people attended an excellent afternoon’s social, with 59 rider awards and 23 volunteer awards presented on the day. The awards were presented by current Liverpool FC U23 player and former England U16 football captain, Adam Phillips, a former A&T rider.
This year’s winners of the club’s special rider awards were:
- Most Improved Rider – Max Evans
- Rory Blackwell Cup for Best Newcomer – Aiden Green
- North West Trophies Cup for Best Novice – Frank White
- J. Fisher & Sons Cup for Young Rider of the Year – Emily Burgess
- Alan Farrell Memorial Cup for Rider of the Year – Max Evans
The Ron Hack Memorial Cup for Volunteer of the Year went to Club Treasurer and Go-Ride Contact Catherine White.
There was further good news for the Astley & Tyldesley club with the award of £2,000 from Wigan Council’s Deal for Communities, which will enable the club to buy eight exercise bikes for indoor training in winter and bad weather, as part of the “Wigan on the Move” initiative.